Touring the Yangtze River by special cruise ships is an exciting experience. There are numerous choices of Yangtze river cruise ships to meet your specific needs and budget, and cruise ship selection will depend on cost, cruising times, ship entertainment, cabin availability, and the quality star rating of the cruise ship. In this guide, some basic information about Yangtze river cruise ships available are included such as their star rating, passenger capacity, amenities, etc.
Five Stars American Victoria Ships
Except the swimming pool, the Victoria ships contain all standard features such as Air-conditioning, TVs, Mini-bars, Mini-fridges, etc. On board the ships, there are Bars, shopping centers, Gyms, Meeting rooms, Medical centers, and so on. Below are the 5 star rated victoria ships.
(1) Victoria Anna: made in 2004 and in 2006, 106 meters long and 16.6 meters wide, 28km/hour, five floors. This ship can carry 308 guests with 138 crews.
(2)Victoria Queen & Star & Prince: made in 1994, rebuilt in 2003, 89.4 meters long and 16.4 meters wide, 28km/hour, four floors. The three ships can each carry 206 guests with a crew of 121.
(3) Victoria empress: made in 1996, rebuilt in 2002, 85.5 meters long and 14.4 meters wide, 28km/hour, four floors. This ship can hold 198 guests with 117 crews.
(4) Victoria rose: made in 1992, rebuilt in 2001, 73.2 meters long and 12.8 meters wide, 28km/hour, four floors. Holds 130 guests with 110 crews.
(5) China Regal Cruises: made in 1993, 129.15 meters long and 16 meters wide, five floors. It can contain 278 guests with 140 crews.
(6)Victoria: made in 2001, rebuilt in 2002, 87.5 meters long and 14.5 meters wide, 28km/hour. It can contain 163 guests.
Below is a more complete list of the available facilities onboard the Victoria Yangtze River cruise ships:
- Service Desk with Safety Deposit
- Beauty Salon
- Health Clinic
- Children’s Playroom
- Sun Deck
- Observation Decks - outside
- Observations Decks - enclosed
- Business Center: Internet, Fax, Coping, Printing, International Telecom
- Free Mineral Water
- Conference Hall
- Meeting Rooms
- Multipurpose Rooms
- Card Room
- Games Room
- Smoking Room
- Live entertainment
- Dancing / Disco
- Dining Rooms –Chinese and western
- Banquet Hall
- Bar / Café
- Central Air conditioning
The Victoria Anna cruise ship.
Four Stars Yangtze River Cruise Ships
Compared to the American Victoria Ships, these 4 star rated cruise ships offer less onboard facilities. Below are some of the 4 star rated cruise ships:
(1) Princess Sissi: made in 1994, rebuilt in 2001, 70 meters long, 13.5 meters wide, 16 meters high. It can contain 100 guests.
(2) Yantze Cruise: made in 1983, rebuilt in 2001 and in 2004, 84.6 meters long, 16.8 meters wide, 21 meters high. It can hold 200 guests.
(3) Yangtze Paradise: made in 1991, rebuilt in 2002 and in 2004, 86.8 meters long, 17.8 meters wide, 18.8 meters high. It can hold 198 guests.
(4) Galaxy: made in 1995, rebuilt in 2002, 75.6 meters long, 13 meters wide, 29km/hour. It carries 126 guests with 80 crews.
(5) Serenity: made in 1993, rebuilt in 2004, 92 meters long, 18 meters wide. It can contain 164 guests.
(6) Three kingdoms: made in 1995, rebuilt in 2004, 92 meters long, 18 meters wide. It can contain 178 guests.
(7) Snow Mountain: made in 1996, rebuilt in 2000 and in 2006, 76.1 meters long, 13.8 meters wide, 19.6 metes high. It can hold 88 guests.
(8) Yangtze Princess: made in 1992, rebuilt in 2000 and in 2002, 87.2 meters long, 16 meters wide, 27km/hour. It can contain 110 guests.
(9) Yangtze Star: made in 1998, rebuilt in 2002, 81 meters long, 16.4 meters wide, 28km/hour. It carries 110 guests.
(10) Oriental Emperor: made in 1999, rebuilt in 2003, 81 meters long, 13.8 meters wide, 23km/hou. It can accommodate 88 guests.
(11) Marco Polo: made in 1997, rebuilt in 2006, 76 meters long, 13.8 meters wide. It can contain 118 guests.